January 18, 2016

All About That Skin


Being a hardcore procrastinator had me going all slackass for a while. I have been trying to put up a post about my skincare routine for a while now - glad I am able to post it before January ends or else I'm gonna slap myself (no, kidding) for being such an unproductive being. I have had some friends asking about my skincare routine up until now, so I figure why not put it up on the blog. Okay, here goes nothing...

SKIN: DAY


After cleansing, I use the Green Tea Seed Serum, followed by the Green Tea Balancing Skin and the Green Tea Balancing Lotion. After that, I slather some of the Green Tea Moisture Essence for extra moisture due to harsh winter before applying the Green Tea Seed Eye Cream and the Green Tea Seed Cream. I like using the Green Tea line from Innisfree because not only the smell is soothing, but it acts as anti-oxidant and makes your skin soft too!

You can probably tell I love green tea... All these extra steps might seem troublesome, but trust me it is worth it. Tho during Summer I usually skip the Lotion and the Essence because my skin becomes oily/combination - my skin is usually normal most of the time except Summer.

SKIN: NIGHT


During the night, I also use the Green Tea Seed Serum after cleansing followed by the exact same steps as the day routine: the Green Tea Balancing Skin and the Green Tea Balancing Lotion. For nighttime essence, I use the Laneige Original Essence White Plus Renew to prevent dull skin. Finally, I apply the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye and the Innisfree Orchid Enriched Cream - if my skin somehow feels tight and dry, I drop some of the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate onto my face, massage it, and off to sleep I go.
   
CLEANSING + HANDS + LIPS


Cleansing: I take 3-4 cotton pads and remove my make up using the Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water. I usually use the Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil to make sure there is no make up residue left, and only after that I will use the Laneige Multi Cleanser to get that fresh deep-cleansing feel. I only use the Lush Angels on Bare Skin  when I am in shower, but it is definitely refreshing and exfoliating.

Hands: I don't use hand creams often, but when I do I use the Aesop hand balm and & Other Stories hand cream. Aside from smelling soooo good, they really hydrate your hands and do not feel greasy at all.

Lips: I will tell you beforehand - I have chapped lips that crack so often that it bleeds. No matter what hydrating stuffs I put on my lips, it will just drink it up as if it is never there. I mean, not in a good way. Like poof! Gone. At least that's the case before I came across these treatments: the Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub, the Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy, and the Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment. I use the Lip Scrub only when I need to get rid of the dead skins on my lips, the Lip Serum during the day and night, and the Lip Treatment almost all the time. Now I can kiss my chapped lips good bye!

FACE MASKS


Using face masks is probably my favorite step of my skincare routine. I know most people don't do this, but I use face masks every day if not two days - some kind of obsessions, really. So far it has done nothing bad to my skin (ha thank god).

I alternate between the Lush Mask of Magnaminty and the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque during the times I need to deep-cleanse and cool dowm my skin. These two has done a great job at those tasks. Sometimes when I'm feeling the old school mud face mask, I will just use the Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask. I find none of these clay masks are drying, so definitely a plus point for that. For pampering and hydrating ones, I like the Fresh Rose Face Mask and Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask - these duo have cooling effect on the skin too and my skin will always feel so amazing afterwards. One never misses out an exfoliator on his/her shelf; this is when Fresh Sugar Face Polish steps in. This exfoliant has real strawberry seeds in it which makes it smells heavenly and gentle enough for daily use - I like that this can be used as a face mask as well.

When I am feeling fancy, I will slap some sleeping masks on after my nighttime skincare routine. I use the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack and the Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask. Fresh one doesn't really absorb into the skin like the Laneige one does, but nonetheless it is still a nice one. Both makes my skin feel so luxurious when I wake up and wash them off the next day!

If I have to choose among all of them, my favorites would be the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque, the Lush Mask of Magnaminty, the Fresh Rose Face Mask, and the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack :)

Aaaaand... that's it! This is so long idk who will keep it up until the end but hey if you do, I really appreciate it! Perhaps a beauty/makeup routine update for next time? 

x
Felicia

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try the innisfree products but have never gotten the chance! They have so many varieties that I never know from where to start! Thanks for sharing your routine :)

    taytaytayworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

GREY LAT/TEA © 2017 | Template by Blogs & Lattes