April 02, 2016

NY Photo Diary

New York, NY, USA
Soaring buildings, colorful billboards, paced walking of new yorkers, sounds and sights of constructions... were just a few of my first impressions of New York when I first stepped out of the subway station after spending around one hour in the subway from airport to midtown. 

I've always wanted to go to New York, so when Spring break was here -not deathly freezing weather, sunshine's out, cheap flight tickets and hotels- I figure, why not? To me, this trip was sorta a splurge (my friends weren't kidding when they told me everything in NY is expensive). Nonetheless, I was super excited. And a tad terrified; I once had an American teacher who shared her experience in NY, and she couldn't emphasize more about how she herself was even scared of NY. The impact of her story was me being paranoid and tip-toeing around for the first few days while in NY, but then I thought to myself, "hey this isn't that bad." I mean, I even wandered around by myself for one full day, and it was a breeze (of course with an iPhone and the ever-so-glorious google maps).


1. Stayed at a funky hotel and had breakfast in bed with the free scrumptious muffins.


2. Visited AMNH (where Night at The Museum was filmed at) and got something yum from the food truck in front of it (NY has seriously so many delicious food trucks all around the place!)


3. Eat a looooooooooot (seriously don't ever give a damn about your weight when you travel)


4. Dropped by the public library and my jaw dropped upon seeing this magnificent building - not to mention the interior!


5. Rested at Bryant Park when our legs desperately needed a break, used it as an excuse to indulge in cakes (does it rhyme?), and hanged around 5th avenue afterwards.



6. ... Of course we spent majority of our time at Korean town - duh them Asians; meaning, us.


7. Unfortunate foggy view from 86th floor of Empire State Building. Well, at least I got a glimpse of it.


8. Decided to purchase the tickets for MoMA instead of taking our chance at the free Friday night tickets (I'm glad we didn't - the line was infinite)


9. Loitering around Times Square during the day. 


10. Pretending to be a fellow student at Columbia University - obviously failed because I looked straight like a tourist with a camera hanging around my rotating neck; while looking around.


11. Walking and taking pictures of passersby around Central Park.


12. If I have to pick my favorite museums among the ones I have visited, then it has to be The MET, in and out.



13. Went to Guggenheim right after The MET - the building was so white clean (my eyes were bleached) and literally looked like a roll cake.



14. An ambiguous meal (not a lunch nor a dinner) at Egg Shop at Soho - 10/10!

15. Walking our way through Times Square on our last night in NY.


 Photos taken on Fujifilm X-T10 with XF35mm f/2 R WR.

x
Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

GREY LAT/TEA © 2017 | Template by Blogs & Lattes